Monday, March 17, 2014

A Prayer

Part 2 of today's post.

Unresolved issues are bringing up feelings I'd rather not have. Feelings of insignificance, unimportance, and disinterest. This is a very deep hurt that for me goes back over 10 years to my early college days. It has been refreshed.

And so a prayer and verses to counter the lies and deceitful thoughts that will cause further damage.

"My King,

"Thank you for loving me and for your kindness and forgiveness. Dancing in the court is hard for me, and I feel anxious and raw, and most recently, insignificant. Not important.

"Thank you for reminding me of how important I am to you; thank you in this season of remembrance for your Son who became man and then suffered a painful death on my behalf. It is a debt I can never repay, and it shows me the depth of your love. It shows me just how significant I am. Thank you for this truth that is above all else.

"Help me to remember your love and your Grace. Heal the places of my heart that are still tender with scabs and scars, in Jesus name. Give me eyes to see myself and others through your eyes, and help me to regain perspective. Forgive me, Father, for taking my eyes off of you and focusing solely on my own circumstances. Remind me of why I am here, and of my brief time on Earth.

"I love you, Father, and praise and worship you above all else.

Amen."

Jeremiah 17:7
Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose trust is the LORD.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment